Experience the raw, untamed South African bush when you take part in hands-on survival training course.
Learn what it takes to be like the original San people in the area! Throughout the centuries the San people kept alive by having a close relationship with their natural environment and mastered the skill needed to survive in the harshest of conditions. You will be taught skills to exist in the wild without any modern conveniences.
You only need a backpack with essentials!
- Learn how to track animals
- Learn how to navigate your way to your camp site
- Locate the rock art of the San people and be inspired
- Eat the traditional foods of the area, including mopane worms
- Find water
- Find firewood
- Light a fire with a flint (no matches or firelighters allowed)
- Create shelter for the night by making your own rope from the plant fibres
- Camp out under the stars
- Learn how the San hunted (no hunting will take place) and gathering skills
- Cook your food on the fire
- Take turns to be on guard during the night to protect all from dangerous animals that may approach the camp
You will be supervised by qualified and experienced staff at all times for your safety, but all survival activities are up to you!
Once complete, you will be rewarded with a certificate of achievement proving you have the skills, experience and mental strength to make it on your own in the wild.
Two courses available.
- Basic Survival Course: one night, two days training
- Ultimate Survival Course: two nights, three full days training